There are a lot of ways to enjoy motorcycle riding, and it can actually be much safer than people realize (with the right attitude, skills, and knowledge). As of 2023-05-14 I have ridden over 60,000 miles since 2006 and have no collisions, injuries, or notable incidents.
Some of the ways I enjoy motorcycling:
- In California it is legal to split lanes, thus moving through traffic jams and slow downs more efficiently
- Saving money on fuel and maintenance of regular travel vs driving a car or truck.
- Going on motorcycle camping trips
- Easily get in to tiny parking spaces or creating one out of unused pavement when necessary
- Feel like on a mild roller coaster on windy roads
- Accelerate up steep hills when cars and trucks struggle to even keep pace
- Share an exciting and unique experience with people you love
- Increases awareness and focus while driving in other vehicles making me a safer driver
Other people enjoy riding motorcycles at a competitive track race, on dirt bikes, and more.
My current motorcycle is a 2013 BMW F800GT, which I've ridden since 2013, throughout the west coast of the United States and parts of the South West. My first motorcycle was a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500R.